UPDATED 16 April
We regret to inform you that due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, we have to cancel all on-site teacher and student programmes of CERN for the coming months.
- S’Cool LAB is closed in line with the provisions of the visits service.
- All National Teacher Programmes scheduled between March and October have been cancelled.
- Due to current visa and travel restrictions, this year’s International Teacher Programmes are postponed to next year.
- The Italian High-School Students Internship Programme (HSSIP) will be rescheduled. The new date for the programme will be announced in due time and the applications will remain open until end of April.
- The Swiss High-School Students Internship Programme (HSSIP) is provisionally maintained at its original date, in October.
- Regarding the other four High-School Students Internship Programmes in 2020 (Belgium, Denmark, Greece, and Romania), no decision has been taken yet. We are currently monitoring the global situation carefully to determine if further cancellations or rescheduling of High-School Students Internship Programmes will be needed.
- The Beamline for Schools competition 2020 continues as planned, and we still expect this year’s winning teams to be invited to perform their experiments at DESY in autumn. All participants will receive their digital certificates, and a short list of the best proposals and two winning teams will be nominated. The teams on the short list will receive additional prizes as previously announced.
Any changes to the above-mentioned measures will be published on this page.
CERN’s priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of our personnel, participants in our programmes, and communities everywhere. Please find more detailed information on the situation at and around CERN on the central information pages.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to having you back at CERN soon.