UPDATED 5 June
We regret to inform you that due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, we have to cancel all on-site teacher and student programmes of CERN for the coming months.
- S’Cool LAB is closed in line with the provisions of the visits service.
- All National Teacher Programmes scheduled between March and October have been cancelled.
- Due to current visa and travel restrictions, this year’s International Teacher Programmes are postponed to next year.
- All High-School Students Internship Programmes originally planned for 2020 (Belgium, Denmark, Greece, Italy, Romania, and Switzerland) are being rescheduled to 2021.
- The Beamline for Schools competition 2020 continues as planned, and we still expect this year’s winning teams to be invited to perform their experiments at DESY in autumn. All participants will receive their digital certificates, and a short list of the best proposals and two winning teams will be nominated. The teams on the short list will receive additional prizes as previously announced.
Any changes to the above-mentioned measures will be published on this page.
CERN’s priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of our personnel, participants in our programmes, and communities everywhere. Please find more detailed information on the situation at and around CERN on the central information pages.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to having you back at CERN soon.